Home | Places to visit | Webb Ellis Rugby Football Museum

Webb Ellis Rugby Football Museum

Description

The Rugby Football Museum is opposite Rugby School in the original building where James Gilbert, boot and shoemaker, made the first rugby footballs in 1842. The collection is privately owned and currently on loan to Rugby Borough Council. It is being managed and cared for by staff from Rugby Art Gallery and Museum.

Directions

The museum is situated in St. Matthew's street, opposite the Webb Ellis statue. Please note: the museum's main door is currently closed, access is via the Webb Ellis sports shop next door.

 

Address

5-6 Matthews Street, Rugby, CV21 3BY

E-mail address

Telephone

01788 567777

Website

Location