Home | Places to visit | Old Blue Coat School

Old Blue Coat School

Description

Located within the Cathedral Quarter of the city centre, this chateau-style Blue Coat School is believed to have been founded in 1714 as a charity school for girls who spent their last two years being trained in the rigours of domestic service. The present building is built over the ruins of the Cathedral and Priory of St Mary's. It dates from the 1850's and was restored in 2000.

Directions

Located within the Cathedral Quarter of the city centre.

 

Address

5a Priory Row, Coventry City Centre, CV1 5EX

E-mail address

Telephone

024 7622 0418

Website

Location