Home | Places to visit | Coventry's New Cathedral

Coventry's New Cathedral

Description

The New Cathedral is a work of inspiration. Work started a day after the Old Cathedral was bombed during the Blitz of 1940, and the Cathedral is now recognised as a beacon of hope, fellowship, peace and reconciliation. The decision to rebuild the cathedral was taken the morning after its destruction. Rebuilding would not be an act of defiance, but rather a sign of faith, trust and hope for the future of the world. It was the vision of the Provost at the time, Dick Howard, which led the people of Coventry away from feelings of bitterness and hatred. This has led to the cathedral's Ministry of Peace and Reconciliation, which has provided spiritual and practical support, in areas of conflict throughout the world.

Directions

Located in the Cathedral quarter of Coventry city centre. Nearest major road is M6. Signposted from M6, M69, A45 and A46.

Address

Priory Street, Coventry City Centre, CV1 5AB

Telephone

024 7652 1200

Website

Location