- See & Do
The Alan Higgs Centre is an £8million leisure centre that has been built to provide much needed sports and leisure facilities for people living in the South East of Coventry. The surrounding areas, which include Stoke Aldermoor, Binley and Willenhall, have been in need of community based leisure facilities for many years. The centre opened in October 2004 and boasts some of the most modern facilities within Coventry such as Indoor and Outdoor 3G football pitches, 4 court sports hall, netball courts, fitness suite, health suite, dance studio and function rooms.
With facilities such as these it is no wonder that the centre has become the base for some of the top sporting talent within the region for both Football and Netball. The centre has become the home to the Coventry City Football Club Academy as well as the Warwickshire Netball Academy.
The unique indoor and outdoor surfaces of our third-generation (3G) synthetic turf pitches is perfect for football. It looks and feels just like grass and absorbs impact, making it easier on your joints. The 3G pitches are also used by many professional football clubs in the Premier League at their training facilities and is used by the Coventry City Football Club Academy as their training base. The rubber crumb base allows a unique playing surface similar to Premier league grass pitches!
The four court sports hall offers excellent facilities for all your favourite sports including badminton, volleyball and basketball. It is also ideal for hosting large sporting or non-
The Centre has been designed to provide top class facilities for netball with the aim to attract juniors and seniors at all levels, from local league netball to County and National League. The facilities include one indoor court and four outdoor (two floodlit).
The spacious Studio at The Alan Higgs Centre hosts a variety of activities, including dance classes, martial arts, cheerleading, plays and dramas. The room also offers a dedicated stage and air conditioning.
Coventry City Football Club Academy
Coventry City Football Club Academy are based at The Alan Higgs Centre and enjoy the most modern indoor and outdoor training facilities that are available to any Academy, anywhere in the UK.
The Academy players have access to four grass pitches, one of which is built to Premier League match specifications and is used as the Senior Academy match pitch; the outdoor floodlit '3G' synthetic pitch; and the indoor '3G' synthetic. Not only does the Centre provide excellent facilities to the players, but parents are also encouraged to make use of the Centre facilities.
Warwickshire Netball Academies
The Alan Higgs Centre has been designed to provide top class facilities for netball with the aim to attract juniors and seniors, from local league netball to County and National League. The facilities include one indoor court and four outdoor (including 2 floodlit), together with individual team changing rooms, refreshment / bar facilities and function rooms. The Alan Higgs Centre has become the new home base for Warwickshire Netball Academies who use the facility for training one night per week and matches against other Counties within England.
Facilities and Activities
Full Half Quarter
Indoor 3G Pitch: £112 £56 £42
Indoor 3G Pitch weekend £65 £42 £32
Outdoor 3G Pitch: £85 £42.50
Outdoor 3G weekend £40 £30
Sports Hall £44 £22
Netball, Volleyball, Basketball, Martial Arts
Studio/Gymnasium Hire £20
Full Conc* Member
Health & Fitness
Fitness Suite £5.80 £3.80 FREE
Group Exercise Class £5.00 £3.80 FREE
Sauna/Steam Room £5.80 £3.80 FREE
Fitness and Health combi £9.00 £6.00 FREE
'The Ozone' Play Area
Creche £2.50 £1.40 FREE
Parent & Toddler £2.00 (2nd
Badminton £7.50 £5.80
*Concessions are available for Passport to Leisure, NUS, Priority Card holders cost £12.00 and are available from reception.
The above prices and activities are available from 1st April 2010-31st March 2011.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
Monday to Friday 06:30 - 22:00
Saturday and Sunday 08:30 - 22:00
Allard Way, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 1HW
From the City Centre Ring Road (anti-clockwise);
- Exit the Ring Road at junction 4 and take the exit signposted
- A4114 London Road.
- Proceed along London Road till you reach the main roundabout
- and take your first exit signposted A4082.
- Proceed till the roundabout and take your 3rd exit (1st being
- for the Supermarket) on to Allard Way.
- Proceed along Allard Way and 750 yards on your right is
- the entrance to The Alan Higgs Centre.
From the M6:
- Exit at Junction 3 of f the M6 and take exit off the roundabout
- signposted Coventry; Holbrooks A444.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway for half a mile and take
- the 2nd exit of f the roundabout signposted City Centre A444.
- Proceed along the dual carriage way (Phoenix Way) for half
- a mile and take the 1st exit at the roundabout signposted City
- Centre A444; Foleshill; Edgwick Industrial Estate.
- Proceed along the dual carriageway for half a mile and take the 2nd exit signposted City Centre A444; Bell Green (this roundabout features a metal
- spiral sculpture).
- Proceed along the dual carriageway for half a mile and take the 3rd exit, staying on the A444 (going straight past Centre AT7).
- Proceed along the A444
- Go straight over the 1st roundabout
- At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit into Humber Road
- Follow this road until you come to a 3rd roundabout
- Take the 1st exit off the roundabout
- The Alan Higgs Centre driveway is approx 750 yards on the right hand side
The West Midlands Travel 3 and 4 service departs from Coventry City Centre and stops a 5 minute walk away from the Centre.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Coventry Mainline station